Venture Academy takes seriously our statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within the schools to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
MacIntyre Academies Trust is committed to providing the highest standard of education for all students based on equality of access and opportunity. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of our approach as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The Trust believes that all young people:
- have the right to be protected from harm and / or abuse;
- have the opportunity to develop fully;
- have their basic needs met.
All staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn. We provide appropriate training to ensure that all staff are able to carry out this essential duty.
Our full Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here.
Responsibilities for Safeguarding at Venture Academy
Emily Hopkins-Hayes, the Principal of Venture Academy has overall responsibility for safeguarding and is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
The other Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads at Venture Academy are:
- Rachel Atkins - Safeguarding Lead
- Jennie Nicholls - School Business Manager
- Emma Day - Family Footings Facilitator
- James Bowater - Deputy Principal
- John Anderson - Assistant Principal
Guy French is the Local Advisory Board (LAB) member responsible for safeguarding at Venture Academy. Michelle can be contacted at email@example.com
MacIntyre Academies Trust Board is responsible for safeguarding practices and procedures. The Trust Board has a nominated Trustee who acts as the nominated Safeguarding Trustee.
If you have a safeguarding concern and need to contact the Lead DSL at Venture Academy then you can do so by contacting Emily Hopkins-Hayes (Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07980 281872.
Alternatively you can contact one of our Deputy DSL's:
- Luke Perring - email@example.com
- Jennie Nicholls - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Day - email@example.com
- James Bowater - firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Anderson - email@example.com
- Rachel Atkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Children Looked After
At Venture Academy we have two designated teachers for Children Looked After (CLA). They are the initial point of contact within the school and take a leadership role in promoting the educational achievement of every looked after and previously looked after child on roll. This involves, working with VSHs to promote the education of looked-after and previously looked-after children and promoting a whole school culture where the personalised learning needs of every looked-after and previously looked-after child matters and their personal, emotional and academic needs are prioritised.
Further Information for Parents/Carers
More information about Safeguarding can be found at https://www.safeguardingwarwickshire.co.uk/
To view our Safeguarding Policy click here Venture Safeguarding Policy