Free School Meals
Your child may be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance (JSA)
- Income related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal Credit (with an income of less than £7,400)
- Both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the income-based amount is greater but not if the contribution-based amount is greater
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credits and have an annual income, as accessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also able to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week 'run-on')
If you think you may be eligible for Free School Meals, you can apply at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
For more information about Free School Meals please visit www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Winter Grant Scheme
If you are entitled to Free School Meals then the Government have introduced a Winter Grant Scheme which helps families support the cost of meals during February half-term. You will automatically receive a supermarket voucher. You DO NOT need to apply for this funding.
The voucher amount will be £21.00 (£3 per day) per eligible child. It must be used to buy food over the half term break. For more information about this scheme and for details on how to activate the voucher please click on the link below:
Publicly funded schools in England can get extra funding from the Government to help improve the attainment of their most disadvantaged pupils. If your child is eligible for Free School Meals then they may also be eligible for Pupil Premium.
You can see more about the Pupil Premium funding that Venture Academy receives, how it is spent and how it benefits our pupils here