Key Stage 2
Students will experience a variety of different cooking methods and styles, developing their own existing culinary skills. They will understand the importance of a balanced diet and learn about portion size.
They will explore using flour to produce a variety of savoury and sweet pastries. Students will be aware of other countries'’ staple foods due to varying climates.
Key Stage 3
Students will follow the routine in the Food Technology room, developing their knowledge around:
- Will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of specialist equipment.
- Will learn the necessary Health and Safety procedures for working in a kitchen and handling food
- Developing confidence and independence will be encouraged.
- Will be encouraged to develop an enthusiasm for working with food
- Will consider healthy eating guidelines when choosing ingredients and modifying recipes.
- Will study the main food commodity groups, fruit and vegetables and fish
- Will study some issues related to food provenance
- Will be encouraged to work as a team as well as independently.